Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Change!

Well, over the weekend Whil and I moved into our new house! Three of his little brothers and our good friend Ben came out to help and we got the brunt of it done on Sunday afternoon. It seemed like there would be so much more work than there was...I guess that's because the boys did all the heavy lifting. I helped though, damn it! I was a packing MACHINE. And I carried a lot of boxes and Ikea bags and the like. Oh, a little tip to those who don't know, the big blue reusable Ikea bags are so usefull to have when you're moving. They can hold just about anything and they're much easier to lug around than boxes. Not to mention, they're much more eco-friendly than carboard boxes. We seriously only had like 4 real boxes full of stuff, and the rest was in Ikea bags. They're my new favorite thing.
The house is still awesome. There are a few things I wish I would have noticed before we moved in so they could have been taken care of before we started moving, but hindsight is 20/20 and they're taking care of it now, anyway...so no harm, no foul. (How many cliches did I use there? Whew.)
BoDee and Fern seem to love it. They don't know what to do with all the room! I keep finding them sprawled out in the oddest places. Seems like they're just trying out all their different options. So cute.
Whenever I had to move with JayDee, she would get really anxious and would wind up either having the runs or vomiting for a few days, so I was a little worried about how BoDee would take this move since it's our first with him. He seems to be doing pretty well! The only thing is that his behavior is leaving something to be desired. BoDee is a pretty damn good dog, he doesn't really get into trouble at all, but on Sunday Whil and I were out picking up some stuff from the apartment and when we came back, BoDee had torn through the trash (SO not his style), peed in the kitchen and taken a dump in the living room. We were pretty shocked! He got in pretty big trouble though, so I don't think we'll have to worry about anything like that happening again.
I hate disciplining him, he's SO sensitive. But it for sure had to happen, we would like to keep that good dog stuff going for as long as we can! :)
Other than the new house, things are moving along as usual. I'm feeling a little depressed as of late...but eh, what can you do? I'm working on some personal relationships, but I don't really see any gain yet, and that is pretty discouraging.
I'll post pictures of the new house soon...maybe some with BoDee in them since I STILL haven't posted any of him. HA!

1 comment:

Seth & Kirie said...

Woohoo! I want to see this house in person :) Poor little BoDee...hopefully he won't shit in the house again. Razor doesn't usually act out when we move, just gets real depressed and mopey. Also - we need to go see our chick flick ASAP - when are you available???

:)